Friday, 27 June 2014
It is special!
It is like the wind is the spirit hitting the sail.
So it can balance against the water.
It is a strong and special tree.
Squalls are a big gust of wind and the spirit of the wind can blow the sail.
The wind struck them and papa told them to go onto the outrigger.
To turn around.
The boat will go side ways
Tuesday, 24 June 2014
Lately in Extension we have been learning and creating things based on Malawi and New zealand food. And some of us joined the 20 hour famine
to collect money for there health and safety. We also did a Malawi and New Zealand menu to see the similarity and Differences we have in Food and compare what we have in common what we do not have in common .Hope you enjoy my D.L.O!
Friday, 20 June 2014
My Mum is as sweet as a rose. She likes tv and playing solitaire.Her smiles is what get’s me through the day.I am her biggest fan. She is my best friend too. She is always nice. My caring mother. I couldn't replace her with another.
Thursday, 19 June 2014
1. What materials are the optimist made of today?
Fiberglass is the materials that the optimist made of today
2. Who is the optimist designed specifically for?
The optimist is designed for 15 and under.
3. Why was the optimist made?
The optimist was made for young people.
4. How many kilograms is the hull of an optimist?
there are 35 hull of an optimist.
5. How does the Optimist dinghy help future olympians?\
The optimist sailing dinghy helps the children to practice for their generation ahead.
6. Who would you recommend the Optimist Sailing Dinghy to?
The sailing dinghy is related to people who would like to become an olympian.
Friday, 13 June 2014
Tuesday, 10 June 2014
My Aunty Mou!
Me and my Aunty like to do all sorts of things like, baking,going out and watching tv. But we like making fun of each other all the time so she is kinda my Best Friend Forever . My aunty is as sweet as a cupcake. Sitting,watching movies,eating popcorn is the perfect thing for me and my aunty. What is the perfect activity for you and a family member?
Thursday, 5 June 2014
WALT: Analyze surface features and the language used. Look beyond the text - Inferencing
1 Unfurl means make or become spread out from a rolled or folded state, especially in order to be open to the wind.
2. You hold your neck up high and which ever way the wind is blowing you would feel it on your neck.
3.Another way to find out where the wind is going is you get a balloon and blow it up and release it into the sky and when the balloon moves the wind is blowing it into the opposite direction when the wind is blowing on the other side.
4. The reason why the optimist is so sturdy,safe and unsinkable is because of the structure and the wind and the weight.
5. Make as many smaller words as you can from the words ‘Optimist Sailing Dinghies’:
6. Find the meaning of each of these sailing related words:
The ropes and wires supporting the structure of the boat.
Release or secure
Something flat that is pushed into the stem of the boat or ship for steering.
Of air,water or weather.
A board that can be lowered through the keel sailing boat to ride a sideways movement.