Tuesday 13 May 2014

The boat race!


The Boat Race CN.3.98
Screen shot 2014-05-11 at 3.16.48 PM.png
WALT: find and use the relevant part of a text to accurately answer a question.


1.Tim had felt sad when Jason yelled at him because you can see his emotions on Tims face


2. Tim made his boat by reading books about boats


3.Tim had used a milk bottle for the platform of the boat


4.  Fill in the table below with information from the text.


Students Name
Boat Type
Description
(what it looks like)
Propulsion
(how it moves)
Sarah
Yacht
Classy with multicoloured sails
wind power
Tim
jolly roger
Very strong and old
battery power
Brendon'sTrimaranGreen and hardwind power
JasonwarshipScars and woodwind power






5. Reflect on the different boats in the story.
Write three sentences explaining which boat you would make and why.  


If I was in the race I would build a Waka because it represents Maori and I am Maori.
If I was in a race I would have a Canu because it will be challenging to make it move but it won’t be impossible.
If  I was in a race I would go back in the olden days and do a pirate ship because I wanted to see how you can make it out of recycled things and the decorating.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Adriel
    Wow that was nice to know that information.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.