Tuesday 15 September 2015

Market day,Market day!

WALT:  write an interesting and detailed recount .

You know how kids go to school, well on friday I think you could call it kids go to work day? Our Year 5 and 6 had a market day last friday. We bought,we sold and we earned! But not actual money but fake,Pts and pieces. By working?

Homeware,kitchen,jewels and accessories,custom stationery,music and toys are our trade and enterprise groups. I am in homeware and where I make coaster and vases. In each group we make a product according to the theme of our group. We paint,cook,plat,print and make.

Setting up wasn’t the hardest part. It was just making your stall look pretty. But putting your products on the table, getting your sign, putting a cloth on the table. Like it might not be the hardest thing ever but it can be the most boring thing ever. I was just glad that the setting up part was over.       

Selling coasters and vases wasn’t that easy because kids want cake, brownies and toys.
But at the end I made 34pt. Who knew that Vases and coasters could be so cool! I enjoyed my selling experience.
                                                                                                                                  
I really hope that next term we will have the fun of doing another market day with different products and hopefully more delicious food. I can imagine it now.

Highlight on the rubric where think your writing scores
Recount Writing

1
2
3
4
Write for my reader
I've tried to think about my reader
My writing shows some awareness of reader because my writing is quite clear and I have tried to interest my reader.
My writing is easy to understand and I have tried to tell the reader what it was like to be there by giving details and my thoughts.
My writing really considers audience as reader because I have kept their interest and made them feel like they know exactly what it was like for me.
Purpose
I tried to meet the purpose
My text goes some way towards meeting the purpose
The message is clear in some parts of the recount.
My text fully meets the purpose.
The message is clear all through the recount.
Introduction
My introduction does not yet clearly orientate or hook in my reader.
My introduction gets some buy in from audience and they can understand what I am going to write about.
My introduction hooks in my reader and it is clear what I am writing about.
My introduction wows my reader!
Paragraph Topics
My paragraphs are confused and don't follow my plan.
I have tried to follow my plan.
Most my paragraphs are about 1 big idea and I have added some detail.
My paragraphs have some complex as well as simple sentences. Post paragraphs give details about 1 big idea.
I have followed the paragraph topic in my plan.
My paragraphs have complex and simple sentences. Paragraphs all give details about 1 big idea.

Task description:This is our market day recount. We got the task to write five paragraphs about our market day on Friday. We bought and we sold products. The reason why we had a market day is according to our topic this term "Trade and enterprise".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.