WALT: Use clues in text, along with prior knowledge to help comprehension.
1. What is the difference between seawater and freshwater?
Seawater has salt in it and fresh water dosent have salt
2. Why don’t ngamanawa grow in the South Island of New Zealand?
Because it will be too cold to grow in the southern islands.
3. Describe what a mangrove plant does to breath?
Mangrove plant sends up tall so it can breath oxegen
4. List 4 animals that like to live in mangrove forests
tuna,tio,patiki and tamure.
5. Why else are mangrove plants useful? List 2 other reasons from pages 16 and 18.
To protect land and sea from poisen . and they also prevent from waves washing
6. How did the mangrove leaves help keep fish cool?
because when the leaves turn white it reflects the sun to some`where else
7. Find an image of a Maori walking stick and insert the picture here (we aren’t sharing or publishing this so it doesn’t have to be labeled for reuse)
8. Why are ngamanawa thought to be taonga. Because it is very very important to the sea.’’’’